If you’re a blogger, whether you’re new or have been around a while, you have those days when you just don’t know what to blog about. Always go back to the basics! These tips will bring you back to center and get you going again.
When you are considering What to Blog About, always remember, your objective is to make a connection with someone.
- Create ‘How-to’ Content. People love to be able to get directions to get things done quickly and easily. You can create how-to content about anything. How to set up a Facebook Fan Page, How to Market on Twitter, How to Groom Your Siamese Cat, How to Potty Train your Child. Obviously, you want to stay within the theme of your blog, but tell people what you ‘know’ how to do. It’s useful to them AND establishes you as an authority.
- Solve a Problem. Just like in this post…. The Problem? What to Blog About. The Solution? Details on how to create content people will find valuable. Solving problems is VALUABLE to people, so give them what they need.
- Industry Reviews. People are always looking for useful reviews before they buy something. You can review products or tools you use, companies or businesses, even leader reviews of people in your industry.
- Tell a Story. People like to know about you. They want know if they can trust what you say. Telling a story about your experiences help people to relate to you. If you’re a Network Marketer, you can tell a story about how you got started and why you do what you do. If you’re a Chiropractor, tell people a story about how your services have positively impacted your clients.
- Promote yourself and your business. Invite people to trainings, webinars or google hangouts that you offer. This shows people that you are a leader and that you are involved and dedicated to your business. Videos are especially powerful when promoting AND they help your blog posts rank better.
- Lifestyle information. Are you Leader? You could Blog about the 7 Habits of Highly Successful People. Do you meditate? Blog about the clarity of mind it provides and how it helps you in your life. Do you coach your child’s soccer team? Blog about being a positive influence in the lives of our children. What are the passionate parts of your lifestyle? Share it with others!
- Inspirational Content. Did someone’s story of adversity or tenacity or faith move you? Did you read a book or an article that made say ‘Aha!’? Blog about it. It’s genuine and it’s what touches you.
If you’re not a great writer, you may want to consider adding some additional strategies, like letting people guest blog for you, or using software to create a base article. There are services that can help with that. Check out these great blog posting tools!
Live Your Best Life!