When thinking about investing, people usually think about money and the best place to put it to get it to grow. But when it comes to the life that you want to live, money is only a part of it. And creating wealth is a side effect how well you invest in yourself.
So, exactly what ARE the best ways to invest in yourself? Well, I am going to share what experts who have gone before me have provided as a guide.
5 Top Ways to Invest in Yourself
1. Define what it is that you truly want. One of the keys to this is to be specific. Get very clear. Sounds easy, right? But when you thing about what you want, what usually pops into your head is what you don’t want. I like to refer to Napolean Hill’s ‘Think and Grow Rich Book which includes a section on defining your Major Definite Purpose. Then set reachable goals to achieve what it is you want. Solidify your commitment by writing down the goals and the actions that you will need to take daily to accomplish your goals.
2. Reprogram your subconscious mind. All of the authors of some of the most respected wealth generation and self development books list this as a MUST. Your thoughts become things. And many of your thoughts are coming from your subconscious mind. This is an extremely important concept and one of the most powerful actions you can implement to invest in yourself.
Your subconscious mind responds to emotion and feeling, so the key is to focus on positive thoughts. Positive thoughts become positive things and the positive and negative thoughts cannot occupy the mind at the same time.
You could create an entire business and blog around this topic. Here is a great resource for you to get started.
3. Read books that will help you grow. Whatever it is that you are trying to improve upon, read up on it. If you want to grow in your spirituality, read books about it. Want learn how to create wealth, read about it. And do a little research first. See what the best selling books are on the topic you want to learn more about and see what leaders in that area recommend. EVERY SINGLE mentor of mine (it doesn’t matter the area) recommends reading… and listening to audio… to deepen your understanding.
I love personal development because it can be applied to anything. These are some great reads that should be in everyone’s library.
4. Get the training and knowledge you need in order to reach your goals. This may seem self explanatory, but many people say they really want to do something and then never invest in the training to learn. When you are investing in yourself, investing your time is important… but sometimes you need to make a monetary investment in order to get the knowledge you need.
If your desires and goals are important enough, you’ll find a way to make an investment in the training you need to be successful.
It may mean that you attend seminars and events or even buy products or courses to further your knowledge. This doesn’t mean you have to buy everything under the sun. Be responsible and ask yourself if you need it to get to the next level. But if you feel that it is necessary, find a way to make it happen, not an excuse downplay it’s significance.
5. Find a mentor or coach. Surrounding yourself with people who have what you want and can help you get there is extremely important. Think about it this way. If you wanted to become an electrician, you wouldn’t hang out with painters to learn how to do that… it’s the same with anything else. Look for people who have knowledge in the areas you are looking to gain knowledge in and connect with them.
If you are interested in creating some income online and looking for someone who can help, just click here to start getting information and find out how you can work with me. 🙂
As you can see, I HIGHLY VALUE investing in yourself. You are your own best asset and the creator of your life, so it only makes sense to develop, cultivate and maximize your best asset.
Like and share if you enjoyed this post and feel free to leave comment!
Live YOUR Best Life,